Check-Hers Elite Lacrosse Club provides excellent coaching instruction and playing opportunities for girls in an atmosphere that is positive, nurturing, and competitive. We are a premier club located in Carroll County, MD with players representing Baltimore County, Frederick County and Howard County, in addition to Carroll County.
Check-Hers Elite Lacrosse Club will hold tryouts for the high school graduation classes of 2024 through 2030. If numbers allow, we will carry two teams (Black and Pink) per graduation year.
Tryout Schedule is posted below. Tryouts will be held at Carroll Community College, 1601 Washington Road, Westminster MD 21157.
*2020 Update due to Covid-19 Situation: Tryouts will not be held in July, given the current situation. We will let you know when 2021 Tryouts will take place and will restructure future Tryouts to ensure player safety.
Upcoming Events › Tryouts
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under Tryouts. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.
Graduation Year 2024, 2023 & 2022 – New player tryouts by appointment.
Contact email@example.com for appointment.
All tryouts are held outdoors; please dress appropriately! Any announcements pertaining to tryouts will be on the homepage of the Check-Hers Elite website. Rain dates to be announced.
We encouraged you to pre-register for tryouts at Stone Alley. Pre-registration is $65.00. Late and walk-on registration is $75.00. Once teams have been posted, there will be a $200 acceptance fee due within 48 hours.
What to Bring to Tryouts:
- Mouth guard
- Sneakers or Cleats for grass fields
- Reversible pinnie, light on one side, dark on the other
DO NOT WEAR:
High school, club gear or elite camp pinnies and paraphernalia
*College jerseys are permitted.
If a player cannot participate in tryouts due to an injury/medical condition, a doctor’s note needs to be submitted to the Board and a waiver may be granted; the waiver is subject to Board approval and will be based on previous year’s tryout scores and past history.
Placement of players on the Black Team and Pink Team is solely based on ability, skills and commitment to club participation. We do not allow players to play up a grade level or down a grade level.
Tryout results are based on the following criterion:
- Black Team: Girls have speed to keep the ball moving at a maximum rate, have superb stick skills, great game sense, and committed to attending all events. Girls intend to play collegiate lacrosse at a highly competitive level.
- Pink Team: Girls have solid stick skills, good game sense, and are committed to attending all events. Girls intend to play lacrosse at a collegiate level.
Check-Hers tryouts are open to all players. We do not base our evaluations on the prior year’s play and truly reward players that have improved their play. Overall talent is a major factor, but the biggest factor is player commitment. All players must attend both days of tryouts. Check-Hers Elite Lacrosse reserves the right to add players based on individual evaluations completed by any Check-Hers Lacrosse coach.
- Location – Carroll Community College in Westminster, MD
- Spring/Summer season – March through July
- Fall season – Sept through Nov
- May be held in Bel Air, MD, Gaithersburg, MD, Rehoboth Beach, DE, and /or Richmond, VA. Tournament destinations are contingent upon graduation year
*We encourage players to attend all practices and tournaments.
Check-Hers Elite Lacrosse:
- Encourages our teams to participate in a weekly fall ball league coached by a variety of experienced coaches. This promotes team bonding and builds individual stick skills.
- Supports the multi-sport athlete and encourages your participation in rec programs, however, we expect you to attend our spring/summer practices.
- Are focused, intense and fun
- Are on the same page; they coach using the same techniques
- Are great teachers of the game of lacrosse
- Aim to bring out the best in each player
All teams play to win games/tournaments. Everyone is expected to earn playing time, therefore, equal playing time is not guaranteed.
All communication will be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Check-Hers Elite Lacrosse!